What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file that is stored in the browser when a user visits a web page. The utility of the cookie is that the website is able to remember your visit when the user returns to browse that page.
What information stores a cookie?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about users, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, ID, personal information, etc. The data they store is of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalization of content, etc.
The web server does not associate the user as a person, but rather their web browser. If the user regularly browses with Internet Explorer and tries to browse the same website with Firefox or Chrome, they will see that the website does not realize that it is the same person because it is actually associating the information to the browser, not to the person.
What kind of cookies there?
- Technical cookies: They allow knowing when a human or an automated application is browsing, when an anonymous user and a registered user are browsing, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic website.
- Analysis cookies: They collect information about the type of navigation that the user is doing, the sections that you use the most, products consulted, time slot of use, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: They show advertising based on the user's navigation, country of origin, language, etc.
What are their own and third-party cookies?
Own cookies are those generated by the page that the user is visiting and third-party cookies are those generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
Cookies accepted by the regulations and excepted cookies:
According to the EU directive, cookies that require informed consent by the user are analytical and advertising and affiliation cookies, excepting those of a technical nature and those necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user.
What cookies does this website use?
This website uses its own and third-party cookies.
Login: Login cookies allow users of this website to log in and out of their account.
Personalization: These cookies allow us to remember which people or websites the user has interacted with, so that the website can show you related content.
Preferences: These cookies allow users to remember their settings and preferences, such as their preferred language and privacy settings.
Can I delete cookies?
Yes, and not only delete, but also block, in a general or particular way for a specific domain.
To eliminate cookies from a website, the user must go to the configuration of their browser and there they can search for those associated with the domain in question and proceed to their elimination.
- Configuration of cookies for Google Chrome
- Configuration of cookies for Apple Safari
- Configuration of cookies for Internet Explorer
- Configuration of cookies for Mozilla Firefox
- Configuration of cookies for Google Chrome para Android
- Configuration of cookies for Apple Safari on iOS
Acceptance of cookies
More information about cookies